- Recognize the food that can stain your teeth: Cherries, blueberries, raspberries, and soy sauce.
- Be aware of the beverages that can discolor your teeth: Coffee, tea, wine. Even beer can cause problems (it’s acidic and attacks the enamel).
- Some minerals are good for your health but can be bad for your teeth. Fluoride can cause white sports on your teeth if you ingest too much. Some mouthwashes with chloride can cause teeth to have yellow sports when used too frequently.
- Read the warning label on prescription medications that can change teeth color.
- Some antibiotics can affect your smile. Tetracycline, often given to teenagers for acne treatment, can cause teeth to turn grey or yellow. Minocycline is known to cause a permanent bluish–gray stain. There are even some over-the-counter antihistamines that can discolor teeth. Read the warning labels and ask the pharmacists.
- Smoking can really dim your smile. Cigarettes, cigars, pipes and chewing tobacco will, over time, stain your teeth.
- Oral care is good for your smile as well as your health. Brush often with a good toothpaste. Clean your tongue to get rid of bacteria and freshen your breath. Floss irrigates your teeth and gums to minimize the risk of gum disease. Make sure you visit your dentist for regular check-ups, x-rays and cleanings at least twice a year.
Keep these tips in mind. If your teeth are already stained, use the Tech Dent Teeth Whitening Pen and Smile brightening Pen (2-in-1)to get shiny, white teeth back – it’s fast, easy, and affordable! Smile with Spirit, Tech Dent !